Thursday, May 16, 2013

Modern Tramp Art

Tramp Art: Was art made in the united states from discarded materials, in the period following the civil war through the 1930's.
My updated version is my bottle cap mirrior. Bottle caps being an art form all their own.
-BEFORE-

I'm thinking mirror, I've had this wonderful oval mirror in the garage forever. Time to use it! Got a piece of birch plywood, painted it a nice nuetral background, and attached my mirror in the middle. Now it's time to lay out all the fantasticly desgined bottle caps I have. This is the time consuming, but interesting part of this art form. Once I've decided on my pattern (which in this case, took two days of laying out bottle caps) you start hand-nailing each one to the backing. Then, I trimed the outside of the wood with black paint to give it a nice outline detail. And now, my modern version of tramp art!
-AFTER-
 


No comments:

Post a Comment