Friday, May 31, 2013

Franken Dresser


 -BEFORE-
 
              Found on the side of the road barley hanging on, was the shell of a dresser and two of the five drawers. I picked it and brought it to my storage are of pieces and parts, its not an elaborate piece or even expensive just one of those simple pine boxes with simple pine drawers, The wood alone being worth picking it up and storing it.
                So that was a year ago or more, skip to now in walks a picker I work with, with 3 drawers in good shape just minus the simple pine dresser they would have been apart of. Yes I did pay him 3 dollars for the drawers so he wouldn't throw them away, took them to the storage area to find that they where a perfect match to the old dresser.
                Well that inspired me to the one day transformation, a quick sanding check for structural strength make sure all drawers are tight and glide well. I am  choosing a vintage yellow chalk paint that I have on hand, the simple color will be a nice match to the simple design. let the two coats of paint dry for two to three hour and then come in with a small hand sander to give the piece back a little of its age. What once was left for trash on the side of the road is now a great dresser once again!
-AFTER-


No comments:

Post a Comment