Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Juliet's Writing Desk

-BEFORE-
Whats the problem with most teens bedrooms? Storage and function. One of my granddaughters needs a desk and a chair a couple of dressers and her full size bed, all in an average size room. In order to leave her a little room I went looking for the perfect desk and dresser in one(they are out there), took about 6 weeks of looking but finally found it! Good size dresser drawers nice sturdy design great overall piece, know to update it for a young lady. I chose a light turquoise blue for the body of the dresser, antique white wash fore the bamboo looking legs. I removed all the hardware and trim on the desk gave it a light sanding and put three coats of paint on it, then did the same for the legs. The finally step for the legs was a wash of diluted brown paint over the legs approximately three times all a matter of personal taste.

Finally to finish the desk off i decoupaged old writing paper from my local scrape booking store on the top. Followed all the directions for decoupaged, after it had time to dry (about one full day) I put three coats of water based clear coat over the entire piece for a little extra protection. and wow the desk looks really Fantastic I am supper happy and more importantly so was Juliet.
-AFTER-


No comments:

Post a Comment